21 February 2011

Day 13 - Post Op

So today i returned to work.  I work in a school and as its half term, the place was dead, which is nice for me.  No hecticness or stress all that comes next week

I met a friend today for lunch.  I wasnt happy about meeting over food, especially when i couldnt have any!  But actually it wasnt as bad as id thought it would be.  I had spicey parsnip soup and she had a chicken new yorker baguette with chips (used to be one of my favourites!)  It felt horrible not being able to eat such lovely food while i sipped on crappy soup, frankly i was gutted.


Only now im home, and im thinking about it, do i realise it was that kind of eating that got me to being a big fat blob in the first place.  Still miss it, but im over it.

Today im starting pureed food (woohoo!).  It's a day early but honestly im sick of cup of soups, muller yoghurts and hot chocolate!!  Now that puree day has come, im not feeling as enthusiastic!  It's going to be like thick liquid, and im just not digging that.

So tonights culinary delight is bolognaise sauce, pureed to death mmm.  It took me 40 minutes to eat approximately 120ml of bolognaise sauce and mince!  And twice i had to re-heat it!  It started off well but towards the end i could feel a pressure on my chest, which i guessed was my new tummy saying 'woah there!'  Im actually petrified of being sick and this has made me eat very slowly, and follow the blending rules!  Still cant imagine what eating real food will feel like though...

On a positive note, ive finished my heparin!

Now please give me the strength to get through these 2 weeks!! x

Today i have eaten:





1 comment: