31 January 2011

How I Arrived Here

Firstly i apologise for the ginourmous first post!  And well done if you manage to stick with it!

I think the last time my weight was appropriate for my height was when i was about 12.  Since then my weight has steadily been on the increase, unlike my salary.

I think my biggest problem is that i really love the taste of food.  Im my family, food is the epicentre of the universe - we laugh, cry, mourn, debate, argue and talk whilst eating.  As ive grown older, food has remained a focus of the typical social gathering.  I eat for every occasion, im really not fussy.  Happy?  Then i shall eat!  Sad?  Then i shall eat something particualrly calorific.  Depressed?  I will eat more crap.  Bored?  I'll pick and eat stuff.  See where i am going with this?


Throughout my teens, i tried to spend as little time as possible at home.  So most of my dinners were of the take away variety, which suited me just fine.  By the time i got into my 20's i was very overweight.  I knew it, and i felt ashamed that it seemed only me that had put on so much weight, whilst the rest of my friends had remained stick insects.  Herein started the eat/diet/purge/guilt cycle.  I'd eat, feel bad and diet for a few weeks, then cave in, then feel bad for being so weak, then id eat again etc 

Its also dawned on me recently, that i have used my fat suit as a test for the men of the world.  I wanted someone to see beyond the fat, and love the woman inside.  Well men out there...you failed!  Which unfortunately leaves me stuck with this fat suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment