5 July 2011

Online Dating

Having lost a lot of weight, my confidence has increased and i have now taken the plunge and thrown myself out into the murky world of online dating.

I joined a few (on the free basis of course!) to see what i liked the look of.  I ended up subscribing to match affinity - i felt that the way they introduced you to compatible matches was nice, and i also liked the fact i could also search (with eharmony you only receive your matches and cant search!).  Stupdily, i subscribed for 3 months - i felt 3 months is enough time to meet mr right. 


After paying my hard earned money, i soon realised that match affinity wasnt really for me.  Alot of the profiles are old (eg havent been active for over a month) and the majority of 'my matches' just wernt for me.  So i am slightly pissed off for wasting my money - i did ring them and asked if i could change my subscription to a month instead of three, and was told no (of course).  So now im stuck in a cyberspace dating cesspool - i think theres only been one profile where i thought hmm, not bad, but conversation was crap and it is no more.  My opninion on match affinity?  Crapola!!

Anyway, i joined tickdating a few days ago, after a few recommendations.  And even though they dont promise to find your 'match' it a far less formal atmosphere, with features such as live chat which is nice.  But do i spend another £20 in the search for love?  Or do i stick with the cesspool of weirdos or those totally about my league?  Argh

I've had about 15 interested people on match and 65 on tick dating!

So matchaffinity has people serious about relationships, but arent what im looking for (they are all mountain climbing, deep philosphers who drink red wine and want to share London city life with miss perfect).  However, im looking for a normal bloke!!!  Where tickdating lacks in maybe the kind of men on there, it makes up for in the number of men available!  If i meet more frogs, surely im likely to find my prince no?

x




.

5 comments:

  1. I find it so hard to believe that you need to rely on the internet to find anyone. But I guess that a girl has to do what a girl has to do. I think its great that you are feeling confident enough to put yourself out there though and very excited about the idea of hearing lots of stories. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Karen! maybe im just too fussy and intolerate! Still nothing out there thats grabbed my interest! So i think im going to sign up to tickdating for a month and see what happens :/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through a very messy divorce about 25 years ago when my three children were very young and I was in my early 30's - he decided to run off with his bosses daughter who was 15 yrs old - yuk yuk pervert!!! I really felt I was on the shelf and had wasted my life with the arsehole (apart from my wonderful kids of course) then I saw an add in a local paper for a dating agency, as internet dating - indeed internet was a thing of the future the lol - and joined, cost me £10 I think. They sent me six like minded potential men - after the meeting the first 5 who were quite frankly mingers I met the last one out of desperation and we are still together after 20 years and now married! Best £10 pounds I have ever spent. It does work but maybe I was one of the lucky ones - what I'm trying to say is go for it and hopefully have fun on the way!!!
    Joyce xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce that fills me with hope! Its been a bit up and down to be honest, but im pursuing it - i need a prince charming! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a relatively normal guy who is on match and from my experience, the girls have totally unrealistic expectations.
    They all seem to want Johnny Depp lookalikes with big wallets, funny, charming etc. This might be fine if the girl is an Angelina Jolie lookalike, but they are not.
    I think it is refreshing to meet a girl who wants a normal guy.

    ReplyDelete