8 May 2011

Things Im Missing - 3 Months Post Op

So today is my 3 month anniversary - cant believe its been 3 months!

Everyday seems to get better - sounds so corny right?!  But its trooooo!

Im beginning to learn how much i can realisticly eat for my meal times, so it seems to work well when i go out to eat.  For those wondering if you'll ever be able to eat out socially again, yes you will.  Yesterday i went to a BBQ and had a lamb kebab skewer, a mini pakora and a burger (no bun just the meat) - and everyone else was eating and no one really noticed how little i had!  A couple of hours later i went back for another mini pakora!  I also went to an Italian a couple of weeks ago and ordered meatballs for starter, then i ordered anoher starter to come as my main (fishcake).  Everything felt normal, so have no fear!

One thing i really do miss, is being able to drink while eating.  I have always done it so i am still struggling with not drinking argh!  Im sure it will become second nature eventually.  I was advised to wait 15mins after drinking before eating, and to also wait 30mins after eating to drink - it very much annoys me but the advice is spot on!  I also miss being able to guzzle my drinks down!!  Sooo, the only negatives ive encountered so far are the drinking things.  Not too bad id say x

Oh i also need to drink more generally!  Im quite naughty in remembering to sip throughout the day!

9 comments:

  1. I have been quite successful with eating out as well. Tapas at La Tasca was perfect. I had a large prawn, a meatball, a piece of white battered fish and a couple of forkfuls of augergine. I even managed to share the churros for afters and nearly 2 glasses of sangria. Went out for lunch the other day and had a chicken Caesar salad with the dressing on the side. No one even really noticed that I pretty much just ate the chicken and not much else and it was yummy to boot. All chewed very carefully and none of it was eaten quickly. I seem to be able to drink a bit whilst eating though?? As for things that I miss...can't think of anything just now. At first I thought this was just a honeymoon period going on, but you're so right, it just keeps getting better. I feel really good and I am actually enjoying exercise! Still not brave enough for zumba, but thinking of spinning. So proud of both of us. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also did well with BBQ's like you. I had 2 big prawns, a hamburger without the bun, a chicken leg and some veg kebabs which was 2 cherry tomatoes, 2 mushrooms and 4 bits of pepper. Enjoyed it all very much and felt quite normal with my plate of food, no one even noticed that I was eating less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its great isnt it? I feel like my new life is waiting right around the corner! Im very proud of us too lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BBQ food was eaten over a period of around 3 hours. The La Tasca food was eaten over about 2 hours. Just want to make clear as it appears that I am giving out unsafe information...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and I should mention that I normally leave lots on my plate which is a huge thing for me as I would have never left or thrown out food from my plate or even anyone else's. It feels very liberating to be okay with leaving food behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow guys, thats all very positive - enjoying great social activities and nice food (just not too much of it) and feeling great about life in general!! So much to look forward to - im losing well and feeling much better and well recovered 4 weeks after op. Even going swimming!! Jo X

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah well done Jo! glad youre recovering well! you should join me for the weigh ins - we can keep an eye out for each other x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an inspiration! I go for my wrap end of May - I do hope its as successful as your sleeve seems to be - keep this blog going its brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks so much Joyce! Maybe you should start one for your wrap - i bet people would love to read your story! x

    ReplyDelete