29 May 2011

The Perils of Eating too Fast

Since my op, my journey has been a smooth one.

Ive not vomitted once (thank god) and i can now eat everything - including bread and pasta.  I still follow the protein first rule, then veggies, then carbs if i have any room!   I dont tend to eat bread much because its so filling and i dont get the chance to eat my protein after, but for lunch at work i like a couple of slices of weight watchers bread (those of you who have had it before will know exactly how flimsy this bread is haha!) and tuna mayo.

At the weekend i had lasagne one evening - it was a gorgeous lasagne!  I honestly forgot id had the op and started chowing down.  Because the lasagne was sooooooooooooo nice, i was wolfing it down, well i was until i suddenly got this severe pressure in my chest (sleevers tend to get full in chest rather than the belly). Suddenly i realised i had been waaay to fast but there was nothing i could do!  I felt like i was going to puke!  (i really hate being sick!)  So i was trying to do all i could to not be sick - which meant i was pacing up and down like a mad woman, trying to walk it off.  Anyway, 10 minutes later and the pressure subsided, and all was well again.  But it really scared me - so note to myself, no wolfing food down! x

No comments:

Post a Comment