13 March 2011

Constipation...

I dont know about you, but i have no problem talking about poo, so if you cant cope, skip this post!

A couple of weeks ago, i went 3 days without pooping - i started to get worried so i emailed Michael from Cosmetic Bliss, asking for advice.  He told me to try Movicol and make sure im drinking plenty.

So i bought some but nature took care of itself and there wasnt a need to movicol myself.

So yesterday morning, i got the urge to go as normal.  I sat on the loo, and waited as per usual.  A few minutes later i was thinking hmmm....things are not as they should be.  I have never been a strainer, and thought im not going to start now.  So i grabbed my phone and went back to try again.  5 minutes later and nothing.  I realised at this point that i was going to have to work for this poop.  After much straining, i finally squeezed it out.

Honestly, my bum ached the whole day and made me very sad.  I really thought i'd have the same problem today, as i dont know how this constipation works.   I freely admit, i have never suffered from constipation and totally underestimated it!  Last night i drank as much water as i could and had a movicol.  This morning i had a weetabix with milk (that was not nice) and some fruit juice.

It came to 'that' time again - i sat on the loo in fear and anticipation of the pain that potentially lay ahead.  You'll be glad to hear that there was nothing to fear today!  Pooping was a pleasant affair!!

The moral of this tale is to:
Drink plenty of water!
Eat plenty of veggies!
Eat fibre!

x


4 comments:

  1. I have always been constipated...my whole life no matter what. In fact the more veg and fruit I eat the more I get constipated. I have relied on laxatives for years now. Glad that you aren't heading down that road with me...but a little jealous too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, i totally sympathise!! It's horrible! I'm scared incase it happens again and my bum feels the pain! Have you tried upping your fibre? Someone mentioned Benefiber to me, which ill try if it happens again! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of that. Not used it for a while, but I have used it before. I don't remember it helping very much. I think its just the way I am. I take lactulose daily and Senna when I need extra help. The ladies that I work with use Movicol though so I am familiar with it. I have been told that my tablets can cause constipation, but I really have always suffered like this. 2 or 3 times a week if I am lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey girls, dont have that problem, guess im lucky! Might have it coming to me though, so will fill the cupboard with Movicol just in case... jo x

    ReplyDelete