3 March 2011

Looking Good

Maybe its because i straightened my hair today, or because i wore leggings and a long jumper, but lots of people today (including those that dont know ive had a gastric sleeve) were feeding me compliments of how good i was looking.  I must admit, i lapped up the compliments!  So far ive lost 27lbs (this includes the pre op diet).

Yesterday my skin on my inner thighs felt weird when i crossed my legs...i couldnt figure it out.  I went to moisturise and noticed my skin was different there - when i crossed my legs before, the fat kind of bulged out.  Now there is no bulging..its so very strange i cant really describe it!  But it goes to show me that im loosing weight!


As ive mentioned before, last week was a slow loss week.  But im feeling positive about it all - any weight loss is fine by me.  Im looking forward to eating healthily and normally, not worrying about calories etc.  I think this sleeve has acted like a key.  Its opened this door to a food reality.  I honestly never realised exactly how much i consumed in terms of calories - i didnt always eat mountains, but i certainly ate high fat, high calorie junk food.  So now i physically cant eat loads, it makes me want to try and eat well instead, so that what i put into my body is good.  I accept that there will be days where i dont eat as well as i should, but i imagine these days to quite rare.

Today, all is looking like unicorns and rainbows! x

1 comment:

  1. So happy that people have been noticing your progress that always helps. You've done fab and this is only the beginning! xxx

    ReplyDelete