6 March 2011

Quorn Mince - Devils Delight

In the never ending search to increase protein, i had noticed that quorn was high in protein and low in fat.  How fabulous!

So today i thought id batch cook for next weeks mushy phase!  Bolognaise and shepherds pie.  I cooked for an hour, it kind of smelt ok and kinda looked ok.

I have just had bologanise sauce with mash potato and it was DISGUSTING.  Now i love most foods, but i seriously couldnt take the quorn, twas vile!  I then tried the shepherds pie, and again, urgh! Im gutted ive firstly wasted good money on quorn and secondly, my batch cooking has gone to waste! Ive decided on a light chocolate mousse instead.  I suppose at least ive tried quorn mince, and i know we do not get on.

I've tried quorn pieces in things like fajitas and curries, and it was passable.  I just love my meat too much! x

2 comments:

  1. Thats such a shame that you don't like Quorn mince. We both really love it and in fact, I think we prefer it to steak mince. Oh well, live and learn. Do you like lentils?? They are awesome for low fat high protein. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Bummer hey? Thought id like it too :( And yes i like lentils if cooked curry style!

    x

    ReplyDelete