18 February 2011

Day 10 - Post Op

Today has gone pretty well, i have eaten the following:

1/2 mug of mint madness hot choc
1/2 banana & custard yoghurt
1 strawberry slim fast
1/2 mug of golden veg cuppa soup
1  vanilla mini milk
1/2 banana & custard yoghurt
1/2 mug of mint madness hot choc
unlimited NAS juice

It definately feels like today i can fit more into my sleeve.  Im not to worried, i just assume my tummy is healing well.  On a Friday i usually go to my friends house where we chill and chew the cud so to speak.  Today i drove to her house (not sure if im meant to be driving or not!) and my first real test.  The girls drove to McDonalds sweet mother of christ and grabbed themselves dinner.  I dont want my surgery to affect those around me to so i was like sure, go eat.

I had been prepared and brought NAS juice and 1/2 of my yoghurt with me.  I really could have eaten like some chicken nuggets, or even a couple of chips (they smelt like salty heaven), but i resisted - the embarassment of asking for a chip saved me hah! 

It definately is hard to stick to a liquid only diet when you start feeling 100% again.  At the moment it doesnt feel like ive had surgery!!!  I have been warned that when i move onto solid foods, i will struggle again to fit it all in.  Im just going to do all i can to avoid vomitting (i so hate puking!)

I am still strictly liquids.  One of the girls i had the surgery with had ryvitas mushed up in her soup today and the other had a few chips, but i am still determined to stick to the plan (this determination wont last much longer so im making the best of it!)

I have felt a little tired today, but im not sure if thats because im consuming so little or the fact that i was having some fucked up dreams this morning... x

2 comments:

  1. I didn't have croutons or chips??? I did have a totally smashed ryvita thingy in my soup and it went all soft and mushy, but no chips or croutons. Chips would be well awesome, but so not ready for that yet. I tried to eat some scrambled egg and that didn't work either. Just going to have to be tough and carry on with the liquid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry hun you didnt no! ill change it to ryvitas - think i was half asleep while typing!!

    And i cant have scrambled egg until i can eat toast! cant have one without the other ;-) x

    ReplyDelete