15 February 2011

Day 7 - Post Op

Im sat here wrapped up in my lovely PJ's and uber soft n fluffy dressing gown.  It's bloody cold out there!!  Nothing like a recovering invalid...

So yesterday and today all has gone well.  Today I had this weird pain in my left buttock, but im sure its nothing to do with surgery!  I was messing around with my brother today and i lent back onto my bed when i got this pain in my left buttock!  Was like argh!  Not a sharp knife pain, but like something sharp was being pushed really hard into my skin.  As soon as i sat up again, it went.  It happened later on again when i lay on my back and lent on my left cheek!  So im hoping ill be ok tonight when i go to sleep!

My stiches are annoying me - they feel all tight (which i know means they are healing).  I just want my tummy to get back to normal!  I miss sleeping on my belly - booo (like her in the middle)




Michael Dermody (from Cosmetic Bliss) rang today to see how i was getting on.  He has a very comforting, calm voice and is almost a complete opposite to Deborah whos this little ball of energy.   We spoke of how i was etc.  And honestly, ive been fine since leaving the hospital.  My stomach now communicates to me via growling, which is fine.  When she gets very growly, thats when i tend to give her something like a soup/yoghurt/hot chocolate.

In myself im feeling positive and well.  It is frustrating when everyone around you is tucking into beautiful food (as i type, the smell of sausage and mash with onion gravy is floating into my nostrils).  I do now however, truly understand what 'head hnuger' means.  Am i hungry?  No.  Could i eat those sausages?  Damn right!  = my head is saying im hungry.  Im not to worried about head hunger at this stage.  Ive got through the first week just fine.  The trick for me has been lots of different liquid flavours - means im not getting bored.

Today i have eaten:
1/2 mug of options mint madness hot chocolate
1 banana slimfast
1/2 mug fish soup
1/2 vanilla muller yoghurt
1/2 golden vegetable cup a soup
Unlimited no added sugar juice

x

No comments:

Post a Comment