12 February 2011

Day 4 - Post Op

I was up at 5.45am this morning.  I would like to thank the nurses and their strict nazi regime.  (They woke us at 5.30am every morning while we were there for a shower - it hurt so bad).  So it would appear this unusual behaviour has now followed me home.

I took my ozzywotsits (aka omeprazole to reduce stomach inflamation or irritation).  I need to do this for a few months post surgery i believe.

I didnt sleep well last night.  After weight loss surgery, it is pretty impossible to rest/sleep unless you are on your back otherwise your tummy gets achey, and thats no good.  So i slept like an 80 year old ninja turtle, awakening with lower back pain, but my pride and joy, the sleeve, intact and looked after.

So, what did i eat today????  Well stand back and let your eyes boggle....I had today:

2 half cups of mint madness highlights hot chocolate
lots of water inbetween 'meals'
1 banana slimfast
2/3 of a nestle munch bunch (strawberry AND vanilla)
half a cup of chicken soup (all bits strained out)

And...voila.  Thats it, not anything more..............................................

Crazy as it sounds, it took a lot of hard work to make sure i was drinking as much water/fluid as possible.  I didnt feel hungry, but my mouth had an odd taste, because i havent chewed food for 6 days (i am constantly brushing my teeth at the moment).

At the end of my day, i now have to self administer (this means inject my bloody self!) with heparin to stop blood clots.  Now this is something i thought id never be able to do, but when we first tried at the hospital, the other two girls just did it, and well the competative side in me kicked in and therefore, i had to inject myself!  So far its been ok...i dont really feel the needle going in, or the liquid going in, but about 10 seconds later, it feels like ive been stung like a bee!  I got brave, so heres a pic!

2 comments:

  1. Well, when I gave myself the injection it bled like crazy. And since I've been home I have been getting my hubby to do it as I am too chicken now. I seem to be eating lots more than you though???

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am trying to get my fluids in, and as i never really drank water before, its my main priority at the moment. I dont think we should compare, because we are different =) So as long as you're not eating looooooooooooooooads more, i wouldnt worry x

    ReplyDelete