2 February 2011

Who Should Do My Surgery?

Weight loss surgery is highly in demand and steadily increasing, which is making this kind of surgery a real money maker.

There are lots of companies and surgeons now providing obesity surgery such as:

Streamline Surgical
Spire
Weightloss Surgery Group
The Hospital Group
Healthierweight
Cosmetic Bliss
Surgicare

Prices vary so really do shop around and also google any providers you are interested in going with.  The best kinds of reviews however, are by people who are active on forums.  Nothing like real time and up to date information!  Research your surgeon too!!  One surgeon could be working for up to 3 different providers who's cost will vary!

Back in September, i came across a company called Cosmetic Bliss.  I had read many favourable posts and feedback from people who had used this provider.  I tried hard to find any negative feedback or reviews, but amazingly i couldnt find any!  I came to the conclusion either those paitients who had bad experiences had died because of them, so therefore unable to provide reviews on forums, or that people were genuinley satisifed!

Now i knew i was definately going to have the surgery, i went through a period where i was scared, i mean heart palpatating fear.  Ive never had an operation before and it was a breathtakingly frightening concept.

Research and fat forums have become my obsession -  i wanted (and still do!) as much information as possible.  I was reading articles, reviews, researching and visiting forums on a daily basis.

It took from September to January to finally decide that Cosmetic Bliss were the company for me.  I had been speaking to, and still am speaking to, a girl who had undergone her surgery with them in October 2010.  She could only say positive things and i jut got to the point where i was like, its now or never!  So i sent my deposit off...there was no turning back


1 comment:

  1. Great that you have written about your time with Cosmetic Bliss and Dr Cierny. It has helped myself and many other decide where to have surgery, and go on to have a positive experience with professional and caring people. I can't speak highly enough of them, and I think they are second to none! x
    PS I've had trouble posting this comment, which may be why there are no others. I've had to click anonymous to get it to post, but I am happy to put my name to it. Juney x

    ReplyDelete