18 February 2011

The Food Bible

Ive been searching forums again today to help me answer some food questions

Q1  What is the difference between pureed and mushy food
A     You can eat the same thing on both stages (eg lasagne), however on the puree stage, you must use a blender to blitz your food.  On the puree stage, you may also need to add extra liquid (eg gravy) so it slips down.   Mushy stage would be the lasagne chopped with a fork, no major hard bits in there either!

Q2   How much protein do i need to be eating?
A     I need to be eating between 60-70grams of protein a day (this is going to be tough!)

Q3   How much should i be able to eat in the first year?
A     I should be able to manage 4-6oz a meal (thats a fourth of a pound of food), a small container

It seems that the golden rule post any weight loss surgery is:



Protein first, then veggies, then carbs!!

Now i need to find out how i will manage 70 grams of protein in a day urgh x


4 comments:

  1. Ya, I'm a bit concerned about getting that much protein in as well. I bought some soya protein powder which is supposed to be vanilla flavour, but its the most disgusting stuff I have ever tasted and its a huge container as no one seems to do any sort of small ones. What is a decent tasting protein power that won't be wasted like this one?

    Also, have you tried anything blended like lasagne...that just seems wrong to me, but I would love to have something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i went to www.myprotein.com and bought lots of samples (http://www.myprotein.com/uk/cats/categories/samples), so i could see what i liked. To be honest, they've all been ok. Still ahvent tried the flavourless one yet.

    At the moment im sticking to slimfast though, as it has alot of the RDA of vitamins & minerals. I throw in a little extra protein poweder in the shake.

    I have a lasagne in the freezer ready for my puree and mushy days lol I also have chilli con carne and chicken caserole which ive already blended! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're way more organised that me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. only because i so want food lol everytime someones eaten something, ive saved a teeny bit so i can have it on my mushy phase!

    ReplyDelete