13 February 2011

Day 5 - Post Op

Woke up again 6.30am (times are getting better!)  Still not sleeping brilliantly as my back was aching because im on my back and leaning kinda upwards.

My mum has popped over this weekend to offer her support which means i am sharing my bed with my mother and my dog...not ideal post surgery but i didnt have the heart to kick my mum out (or my dog hah!)

My mum cooked up a batch of chilli con carne yesterday in the slow cooker, it smelt heavenly mmmmm.  She blitzed it in the blender to make a kind of mushy pulp carne, but you know what, it still looked devine!!  I had been advised pre-op, to purchase some rfeezable baby food pots, and now i can see why.




I get these odd bouts of swallowing.  Just random swallows (of your average spit) leaves me feeling as though im fighting down acid reflux or heartburn.  Heartburn or reflux never appear but it does feel like it!  Then i can go hours without having the sensation again...weird hey?

This morning, i wasnt sure if i needed a poo, or a good fart.  I had to ask if it were possible to poo if all you were eating were liquids, and the answer is yes.  Well go figure!  So i parked my booty on the loo and low and behold, a teeny soft poop popped out followed by lots of farts!  Felt like i had more room in there now haha!

Also think ive had my first 'trapped wind' incident.  I cant tell if its because i ate my yoghurt to fast, or i was already slightly full from the juicue i had been drinking but my tummy started growling at me, she was not amused...and i got a sharp pain under my right shoulder blade.  Very odd sensation, and something i need to watch the signs of.  I hear trapped wind can be a huge pain in the rear, and can cause some serious pain.  I dont like pain, and so i shall be careful.

Today, i have eaten the following:

2 half cups of mint madness options hot chocolate
lots of sugar free juice between 'meals' (water had annoyed me since drinking it for the last 4 days)
2/3 munch bunch (vanilla & strawberry)
1 banana slimfast
1 half mug of chicken soup

Still not felt hungry, BUT something popped into my head today and i think its going to be one of the first solid foods i try....thats right, cheesy beans on toast.  Ok so its likely i'll only manage about half a slice of toast and a tablespoon of beans, but its gonna taste awesome!


2 comments:

  1. Where did you get those baby food trays for freezing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just searched ebay for 'baby food storage freezer' This pink set was about £5 with postage x

    ReplyDelete